Thursday, January 09, 2003

i gotta stop smokin' (if it kills me)

I Gotta Stop Smokin (If it Kills Me)

I went to a party on Saturday night
there was lots of folks there they were feelin alright
some buddy asked me if I wanted a puff
I said no thanks I've had enough
I've quit smoking for a week now you know and
he says well tell me Randy how's it going

I said well, well
well I've been bouncing off the walls
like a bunch of 6/49 balls
but I'm gonna channel that excess energy
into a more purposeful activity
ya like uh weeding the garden, ya

in the garden of life
you gotta pull that weed
or you'll be pushin up angel's breath
them smokers is a dying breed

I ain't jokin, croakin don't thrill me
all that chokin's a token of what will be
I've gotta stop smokin
I gotta stop smokin if it kills me

it's a good thing you saw me tonight
cause in a week or two you won't even recognize me
I mean, my hair will be blonde
my physique will be supernatural
I'll be five foot thriteen
my brain will go to eleven
(my uh, my uh, my uh,
my memory will improve)
oh ya, and the best part -
at night I'll be able to testify like this

I'm gonna testify, testify

you know my teeth will be white
my gums will be healthy
no longer will I languish
in the land of dental anguish
I'll be rich
I won't smell so bad, so often
(my uh, my uh, my uh,
oh ya I told you bout that))
store clerks will no longer accost me
and accuse me of stealing an AA battery
and stuffing it down my jeans

oh yea, and the best part
at night I'll be able to testify


all lyrics/music copyright 2003 randy sutherland
from the CD 'the sky starts at your feet'

No comments: