Saturday, August 15, 2009

self portrait in ralph & helen's stone

dozens & dozens of my relatives are buried at McLean's Cemetery in Grey County where we went today to visit a recent arrival then hike a trail. while there taking photos of the markers of my Caesar relatives a woman sitting nearby said "Well my husband just took a photo of that same stone". We were the only people there. So I met a new cousin - Elmer Ceaser... and heard a story about the original Caesar couple - John & Mary - who came from Tipperary, Ireland in the early 1800s: they had a baby born during the voyage here who died and was buried at sea. We talked a bit. I really need to look into a plot soon. the plot might involve getting relatives together occaisionally.

McLeans's Cemetery, Grey County, August 2009

No comments: