Thursday, January 02, 2003

a country & wesson supermarket tragedy

Listen here

Fingers don't kill people - bullets do. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely tragic. Thanks to Ian Dubelaar for the title. I recorded this originally for a compilation called Sixty Second Songs assembled by Lewis Melville. Don't laugh, it's not funny. Birth is funny.

A Country & Wesson Supermarket Tragedy

I was in the supermarket today
a really awful thing happened
I tripped and fell, my hand gun went off
I killed a man by the napkins

ya it's bad, but it only gets worse
when he fell his gun shot a lady with a purse
when that hit the floor it filled the store clerk with lead
before the whole thing was over - seventeen of us dead

I burn in hell, the fuel is the sorrow
my story is your lesson
when you go out shopping tomorrow
put the safety on your smith & wesson




all lyrics/music copyright 2003 randy sutherland
from the CD 'the sky starts at your feet'

No comments: