Saturday, January 18, 2003

the sky starts at your feet

I have a collection of songs called 'the sky starts at your feet' : songs about beauty, work, love, feet, acceptance, skunks, resolve, handguns, spring, smoking, perseverance, sieves, driving, toes, mad gardeners, laughter, corruption.

I live in Guelph, Ontario and started writing songs when I was 15......thanks to the encouragement and support of my friends I've recorded some of these songs... I hope you like them.

...some lyrics


1. a country & wesson supermarket tragedy
2. my big toe
3. wash that trouble
4. go to bed early
5. the skunk song (psychoanOWLysis)
6. wonder woman
7. the jumblies
8. i gotta stop smokin (if it kills me)
9. money to be made
10. the church of the universe
11. the billy who has nine toes
12. i like to rise
13. grey county
14. wandering aengus
15. late for you
16. the mad gardener

randy sutherland: vocal,guitar,banjo,mandolin
sarah farquhar: vocal,accordian,dulcimer,mandolin
tony darmon: vocal,hand drums,harmonica

with nik cherry: udo & mike kosir: slide guitar(10)
art: randy & anwen sutherland

all lyrics/music/etc copyright 2003 randy sutherland
except 7:learics by edward lear, 12:traditional,
14:lyrics by w.b.yeats, 16:francois couperin & lewis carroll

No comments: